1 My Carving Studio, Pounamu, Greenstone, NZ Jade | Campbell Carving (Old Site)

6 Sept 2015

My Carving Studio, Pounamu, Greenstone, NZ Jade

I thought it would be a good idea to share about how and where I have been doing my carving.

I don't really have a dedicated space to the place I am living so have had to make do with where we have space with running water for now. Yep that is the bathroom

It works well enough but it does mean that I need to be able to pack everything up when I am done, no messy workshop yet...





It is good to use a trickle of water of the cutting or grinding piece to keep the stone dust to a minimum.

You can see the flexi shaft of the dremel coming down that I use for pretty much everything from cutting out the rough shape through to polishing.

I can only work with small pieces as the cutting disc that you see above attached to the dremel will only cut about 2 cm so anything thicker than that and I got no chance of cutting it into usable sizes.


It's not always this messy but this was a good and messy session to take photos with.  I should probably get some overalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment